No, unfortunately I’m not talking about wake and bake. Or the food relevant idea of wake and bake [how good does Sean’s egg pizza look? C’mon, go take a look, I’ll wait for you. Now you’re drooling, right?] Even better than either of the above is a new group blog project called Baked Sunday Mornings.
The first group cooking & blogging project I ever heard about is Tuesdays with Dorie. The second one I discovered was not book based, but I’m still sad I missed out on joining for the first year; Tigress Can Jam. So when I discovered this Baked version, and I knew how much I adore the fellows behind Baked and their goodies, it felt like a perfect match. I do adore that their newest cookbook is all about taking American classics and tweaking them. Making them Matt and Renato’s version of heaven.
Taking an idea, a dish, a bare bones recipe I grew up with and turning it into something I love even more, there is some pride to doing that. It is the joy of nostalgia mixed with the energy of creation.
So with that happiness, I will dive into this cookbook. The schedule looks delicious!
BAKED Recipe Schedule
- November 21, 2010-Nutella Scones, pg.30
- December 5, 2010-Sweet & Salty Brownies, pg. 93
- December 19, 2010-Monkey Bubble Bread, pg. 23
- January 2, 2011-Almond Joy Tart, pg. 65
- January 16, 2011-Farm Stand Buttermilk Doughnuts, pg. 26
- January 30, 2011-Double-Chocolate Loaf with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Spread, pg. 50
- February 13, 2011-Red Velvet Whoopie Pies, pg. 117
- February 27, 2011-Devil’s Food Cake with Angel Frosting, pg. 133
- March 13, 2011-Salt & Pepper Sandwich Cookies, pg. 100
- March 27,2011-Malted Crisp Tart, pg. 71
- April 10,2011-Carrot Coconut Scones with Citrus Glaze, pg.33
- April 24, 2011-New York- Style Crumb Cake, pg. 43
While I am ambitiously excited to practice my baking through Baked Sunday Mornings, lord knows I need no more sugar in my system. So to my friends in New York, I have a legitimate comment to you: whatever looks delicious on that list, come visit me on Sundays. I’ll have some to pass off to you. Everyone, watch the blog on Sundays for a sweet treat from my kitchen to you!