Who are you?
Oh hi there, nice to meet you too. Here’s a few quick facts:
- My name is Emily.
- I’m in my mid twenties.
- I live in Brooklyn.
- I work in midtown Manhattan
- I’m an apparel designer.
- I spent my first twenty or so years living in North Carolina.
- Food obsession is in my genes. My father has cooked for a living for as long as I can remember.
- Food competition is something I can’t stop doing now that I’ve started. Addicted might be the word.
What should I expect to see on this blog?
Well, I’m a baker, cook, I eat out at dives and fancy schmancy places. I love to travel, hope to do it more often. Also, the following things may show up on the blog, they may not. A few things I love:
- Salty-sweet desserts
- Brussels sprouts (roasted, please)
- Bacon (to counteract the greens)
- Vanilla beans
- Kettle cooked potato chips
- Spicy tuna rolls
- Warm bread from the oven with butter.
- Vinho verde
How do you pronounce it?
What does Nomnivorous mean, anyway?
I’m an omnivore, and pretty hardcore about trying all kinds of food given the chance. I also have soft spot for LOLcats, and nom has become a word many friends and I use regularly. It’s code for “oooh this is good, can’t stop eating, om nom nom!” I hope that my blog brings you a wide variety of food, all of which you want to nom up!
It all comes down to this for me: No matter what it is, all things taste better when made with love. Nomnivorous is the documentation of food made with love from my kitchen to yours.